Have you ever been in a situation where your computer is connected to your TP-Link router but you could not browse the internet? The moment is so frustrating and confusing as your device is connected to the TP-Link router but not to the internet. The reasons for this situation could be many. In some cases, this could be due to the change in the operating system settings or your TP-Link router cannot connect to the internet via your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
You are not able to access the Internet after successfully installing the TP-Link router.
Here are some tested options that can fix your problem, can’t access to the internet after successfully connected to TP-Link wireless network.
1. Check the physical connection between your modem and TP-Link router:
If you see a message ‘WAN Port is not plugged’ on the status page of your TP-Link router, this means that your modem is NOT plugged into the WAN port of the router properly. Plug it in and then check if the red message is gone or not.
2. Clone the MAC address of your Computer:
Clone your PC’s MAC address to the TP-Link router by following the below given steps.
- Check that you are connected to the router with the computer which was originally connected to your cable modem.
- Log in to the option ‘Management’ and then click Network> MAC Clone on the left side of the web page.
- Click ‘Clone MAC Address’ to clone your computer’s MAC address to WAN MAC Address of the TP-Link router.
3. Change the LAN IP Address of your TP-Link router:
Most TP-Link routers use the default LAN IP Address i.e. http://192.168.0.1, it may be conflicting with the IP address of your existent router/modem. If your TP-Link router is not able to communicate with your modem then you won’t be able to access the internet. To resolve this issue, you will need to change the LAN IP Address of your TP-Link router.
- Click the option ‘Network’ and then click LAN in the left side menu. Change the IP address of your router. Save the changes.
4. Power cycle your router and modem:
Power off your TP-Link router and modem; leave them off for one minute. Power on your TP-Link Router, then your modem. Now, check the Internet access on your computer.
5. Double check your WAN Connection Type:
- Click the option ‘Network’ then select WAN to configure the correct WAN Connection type. Save the changes you just made.
- Power cycle the TP-Link router and modem once again and check the internet connection.
These solutions will resolve your issue related to the error, ‘can’t access to the internet after successfully connected to TP-Link wireless network.’ If you have tried all the solutions which are mentioned above but still not able to access the internet by using the TP-Link router you can contact our technical experts at their toll-free number or mail them your query to assist you and resolve your issue.